Connect EBT (Electronic Benefits Transfer) is an electronic system that allows a Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program (SNAP) participant to pay for groceries with SNAP benefits. As participants shop at an authorized SNAP retail store, their SNAP EBT account will be charged to reimburse the store for the groceries purchased.
The Electronic Benefits Transfer, also known as ConnectEBT, is a card-based system, similar to a debit card, that allows government assistance recipients to pay retailers directly. Through EBT, state governments grant benefits and track their use.
The ConnectEBT Online Account Registration Process
If you don’t already have a ConnectEBT account, you will need to create one to check your EBT card balance. Here are the steps to create an account:
- ConnectEBT website: www.connectebt.com
- In the “Create a new username and password” section, select the program for your country.
- After selecting your government program, click Submit.
- To create your ConnectEBT account, you will be asked to provide personal information.
- Click Submit after entering the requested information.
- After entering the correct zip code, date of birth, and card number, you can create your ConnectEBT account and access your EBT account.
Requirements For Account Registration
- Enter your 5-digit zip code, date of birth, 16-digit EBT card number, a User ID, and a password to create a new account.
- User IDs should be four characters long at least, and cannot exceed ten characters. In your User ID, you can use any combination of letters and numbers. It doesn’t matter how you write the notes or the numbers.
- They must be at least eight characters long, but no longer than 16 characters.
- In addition to uppercase and lowercase alphanumeric letters, passwords must also contain numbers. It must have an uppercase alphanumeric letter, a lowercase alphanumeric letter, and a number.
- Passwords are case-sensitive.
- When finished, click Submit.